Two men had their sailing trip cut short when an explosion on-board their yacht
left them stranded seven miles out to sea.
The men, believed to be in their 40s, were airlifted to hospital.
The pair were partway through their journey from Brighton to Gosport when one of the men went below deck to make a cup of tea.
It is believed that a spark from the stove ignited gas that was leaking in the cabin, he said.
One of the men suffered burns to his arms, face and head and the men jumped overboard to avoid further injury.
They spent some time in the water before climbing into a lifeboat attached to the yacht. The spokesman said the yacht is now at the bottom of the sea.
| Video |